Friday, August 11, 2006

the musafir

Kenneth Tynan once famously said, "I doubt if I could love anyone who did not wish to see Look Back in Anger."

The poor sod. He found only masochistic, slightly disturbed women all his life.


On that note, let me declare, ... clears throat...
"I doubt if I could love anyone who did not love Kishore Kumar."

Well, there it is.

I am not a great fan of film music, particularly of Hindi film music. But this man is an exception. I once stood in the rain and listened to
chingari koi bhadke. But then I had an umbrella and a windcheater. As Ros put it, that bit of detail just destroys my melancholy cred. What to do?

Have a nice weekend. Until Monday, then. Oh, and download some great Kishore Kumar songs here.

Musafir hoon yaaron... na ghar hai na tikhana...


Categories: personal, pointless

2 comments:

roswitha said...

By which medium were you listening to that song in the rain? Not a non-waterproof iPod, one hopes.

angry fix said...

A very non-waterproof roadside radio shop. Both the radio and I had umbrellas.