Tuesday, November 28, 2006

there will be a show tonight on trampoline

The long hiatus from blogging has been mostly because I've been rehearsing for Shoestring Theatre's production of Samuel Beckett's Endgame.

I had written about it on my theatre group's blog when we started out (god,
when was that?), and although nearly all the staging ideas discussed in that post were eventually discarded, the play mercifully remained the same. (Also the director.)

Then came the issue of copyright violations, so it's now Ends and Beginnings, based on Samuel Beckett's Endgame.

That's the story so far.

Finally, after months of weekend rehearsals, that brought us much sympathy from colleagues on Monday mornings, the play is ready to be staged.
And having been some days in preparation, a splendid time is guaranteed for all.

We premiere this Saturday, 2nd December 2006, at Ranga Shankara, Bangalore as part of Thespo 8.

The play comes to Mumbai on Sunday the 17th of December, 2006, at the NCPA Experimental, again as part of Thespo 8.

We are trying to work out other shows, and these will most probably be in January.


Crossposted on the Shoestring Theatre blog.


Aside:
Once the play is over, I need to get back to the Outside World, and see what Tavleen Singh and others of her ilk have been up to!)


Categories: theatre, personal, mumbai

4 comments:

The Dunce said...

I hear you guys are getting into film as well??? wow that's amazing! I would have loved to be a part of it but alas, I'm only one for the stage. But if you're looking for a prod hand, do let me know. Cheers!

Tanushree said...

Congratulations to you and Warren. Heard you swept the Thespo awards:)

http://angryfix.blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you, Tanushree.

angry fix said...

Argh! I must blog more often.
Looks like I've forgotten how to publish a comment!